SELF magazine unveils the results of their exclusive survey in the October issue.
It is no secret that ladies love their beautifiers, but what you may not have known is now much. Women are purchasing a lot more makeup then they even realize. In this exclusive SELF survey, 2,000 readers revealed their makeup addictions and blunders—the truth about what they are spending, using and more.
Below are some of the stats from the survey that you may find interesting about what women really think about their beauty rituals. I’ve highlighted the points that apply to me, which seems like half the survey lol.
- 1 in 3 women admitted they would rather gain 10 pounds they could never lose before giving up makeup.
- 91% of women splurged on new makeup last month
- 52% own more than 20 makeup products (not including skin and hair products)—and 25% own between 10 and 20
- 58% up their makeup routine when you’ve got a hot date
- More than half surveyed touch up makeup once a day.
- 40% put on between 5-10 makeup products every day. And only 4% don’t wear makeup at all.
- Over 35% of women are motivated to buy a new makeup product because they saw it in a magazine story, tear the page out and buy it
- 91% expect makeup to multitask as much as you do
- When looking for a “double duty” makeup product, 40% say sunscreen is the second aspect that’s most important
What they wear the most:
- 78% use mascara every day
- 66% say foundation is a daily makeup must
- 57% brush on bronzer without fail
- 54% say lipstick or gloss is a necessity
- 59% have 5 to 10 lip colors in your makeup bag right now
Where they shop:
- 48% prefer to shop at specialty stores.
- 41% buy makeup at drugstores
- 56% have gone months without replacing their mascara
- 53% never remember to wash makeup brushes
Why They Wear It:
- 31% reach for makeup to feel sexy.
- 27% say it makes you look professional.
- 24% wear it to show off confidence.
- 11% use makeup to get a mood boost.
What they want to work on:
- 82% admitted they need to go back to beauty school
- The three tricks they want to master: Applying liquid liner straight; layering eye shadows; choosing the right foundation
Read the rest of the article and more beauty tips here!