Please see my UPDATED post with Surf Baby swatches
MAC Surf Baby Collection
U.S. Launch Date: May 26th, 2011
International Launch Date: May 2011 (excluding Asia), June 2011 (Asia)
Grab a board, hop in the Jeep, cruise the Pacific Coast Highway… Surf’s up! Check out MAC’s new summer collection inspired by all things bohemian and beachy! Keep reading for photos and descriptions and pick out your must-haves!
Surf, Baby! Cheek Powder ($28.00 U.S. / $32.00 CDN)
- My Paradise Peach pressed powder with gold hibiscus flower overspray (Limited Edition)
Lipstick ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Bust Out! Dirty mid-tone violet (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Hibiscus Bright orange coral (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Mocha Peachy yellow-brown (Satin) (Permanent)
- Naturally Eccentric Creamy white nude (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Girl on Board Pale white gold (Limited Edition)
- Good Lovin’ Soft peachy pink (Limited Edition)
- Krazy Kahuna Warm mid-tone brown (Limited Edition)
- Strange Potion Soft coral pink (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Crushed Metallic Pigment Stacks ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
- Summer Stash Light pink champagne, light white pearl, light violet with silver pearl, brown bronze with gold pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Surf the Ocean Frosty platinum, light yellow green, gold bronze, dirty graphite with silver pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Saffron Deep coral caramel (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Short Shorts Frosty white champagne (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Sun Blonde Dirty yellow gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Surf U.S.A. Frosted teal (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Swell Baby Mid-tone grey (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($13.50 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Hangin’ Loose Dirty pink nude (Limited Edition)
- Ocean Dip Mid-tone creamy aqua (Limited Edition)
Powerpoint Eye Pencil ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Blue Noon Teal with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
- Gilded White Yellow white frost (Limited Edition)
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Naked Fleshy beige with golden copper pearl (Permanent)
- Melon Soft bright golden peach (Permanent)
Splashproof Lash Mascara ($14.00 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
- Blacksplash Black (Permanent)
Bags (MAC Stores Only)
- Surf, Baby! 1 ($28.00 U.S. / $33.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Surf, Baby! 2 ($32.00 U.S. / $38.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Full of Grace Soft sheer rose (Limited Edition)
- Pink Tinge Clean bright yellow pink with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
- Lilt of Lily Soft creamy pale pink (Limited Edition)
MAC Skinsheen Bronzer Stick ($29.50 U.S. / $35.50 CDN)
- Tan-tint Soft suntan bronze (Limited Edition)
- Billinoaire Bronze Warm golden tan (Limited Edition)
- Gilty Bronze Coppery bronze with gold shimmer (Limited Edition)
Bronzing Powder ($24.00 U.S. / $29.00 CDN)
- Solar Riche Mid-tone deep orange brown (Limited Edition)
- Refined Golden Finely spun gold with soft pearl finish (Permanent)
Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Gold-Go-Lightly Mid-tone golden tan brown (Limited Edition)
- Lush-Light Bronze Mid-tone rosy pink brown (Limited Edition)
- 129SH Powder/Blush Brush ($34.00 U.S. / $41.00 CDN)
Well the star of this show will definitely be My Paradise, a coral cheek powder with a gold flower. I’m a bit disappointed that the gold flower is an overspray, it will eventually disappear, but this powder is nothing less than gorgeous.
My 2 favorite lipsticks are Hicubus (coral) and Blow Out! (purple). Naturally Eccentric (white nude) looks a bit too light for my skin tone and Mocha (peachy brown) looks boring, not something I want to wear in the Spring plus it’s a permanent so, PASS!
Although it’s a repromote from Venomous Villains, Strange Potion (pink coral) wins in the lipglass category. Good Lovin (Soft peachy pink) is the runner up, it looks like it’ll be flattering on all skin tones. Now the other 2 glosses are a total pass for me. Girl on Board (white gold) will most likely not work well for darker skin tones and Krazy Kahuna Warm (mid-tone brown) goes right along with Mocha lipstick…. BORING.
Now the pigment stacks are something I don’t recall seeing from MAC before but I’m happy they’re making an appearance. I need to see some swatches before I make a decison on these but Surf the Ocean (Frosty platinum, light yellow-green, gold bronze, dirty graphite with silver pearl) looks the best.
Eyeshadows! I’m excited about these! I finally get to buy Saffron (Deep coral caramel), which I missed from the Mickey Contractor collection. I’m going to be all over Surf U.S.A. (Frosted teal) and Swell Baby (Mid-tone grey) as well. Short Shorts (Frosty white champagne) and Sun Blonde (Dirty yellow gold) are frosts, I don’t really care frosts at all so I won’t waste my money.
Both nail lacquers look pretty but you can almost always find a cheaper dupe in another brand.
The Powerpoint Eye Pencils are both beautiful, especially Blue Noon (Teal with gold pearl), but I’d consider getting them both.
Both the pigments, Naked and Melon, are very pretty but both are permanent so if you’re on a budget you can pass.
The Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balms probably will have very little color and is nothing special, not worth $15.50 in my opinion.
Three Bronzer Sticks come in this collection and I really want to see these in person but if I walk away with one it’ll probably be Gilty Bronze Coppery (bronze with gold shimmer). I’m a sucker for shimmer in the Spring/Summer. LOVE!
The Bronzing Powders, Solar Riche (Mid-tone deep orange brown) and Refined Golden (Finely spun gold with soft pearl finish) are a pass for me, Refined Golden is permanent and Solar Riche doesn’t scream out buy me now!
Two new Studio Careblend Pressed Powders are being introduced and if you saw my review about them you’d know that I love them but I need to see them in person to make a decision.
My Wish List (so far)
Tell me what you think about the collection and what’s on your wish list!